Built on the proven Home Server SMART Classic
Home and small business servers are great for computer backups and storing data on site. However, many of these home servers are loaded with disks, and the more disks you have, the higher your probability of having a disk failure. Home Server SMART 2015 monitors the disk health around the clock, so you can worry about more important things. If a disk shows signs of trouble, HSS 2015 will let you know in an email and on your mobile device. HSS 2015 will even attempt to back up the data if a disk signals it's about to fail.
Home Server SMART 2015 shares much of the same functionality as WindowSMART 2015. However, HSS 2015 runs only on select Microsoft operating systems. HSS 2015 is designed to run as an add-in, rather than a standalone application, in Windows Home Server 2011, Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials, Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials and Windows Server 2012 Essentials.
Home Server SMART 2015 is competely free to use forever. We made the promise with the first release of HSS that it was free and always would be. We're sticking to that promise.
Powerful features that keep your data safe
While it is impossible to prevent disk failures, Home Server SMART 2015 keeps your data safe by always keeping you aware of disk health problems and backing up your data if a serious problem arises.
- Continuous monitoring - if the computer is on, HSS is working
- Get alerted the moment a problem is detected by email and on your mobile device
- Emergency backup if a disk failure condition is detected
- Thermal shutdown if disks remain too hot for too long
- Daily email summary lets you know if any problems occurred that day
- Works with Windows Server Solutions family of operating systems
Cut costs and extend the life of your equipment with Home Server SMART
Home Server SMART 2015 isn't just a system utility. It's a cost-cutting tool. Your home or small business server is an expensive investment, so Home Server SMART 2015 can help keep that investment healthy and productive.
- Reduce or eliminate costs associated with unexpected drive failures
- Prolongs equipment life by protecting against overheating
- Backs up your data in a failure situation, even if you're not there
- Allows you to replace a troublesome disk at your convenience
Geeky, technical stuff about WindowSMART 2015
Home Server SMART 2015 is supported on only on select versions of Windows--those that comprise the "Windows Server Solutions" family of operating systems. The WSS family includes only the following five operating systems.
- Windows Home Server 2011
- Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials
- Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials
- Windows Server 2012 Essentials
- Windows Server 2012 Essentials R2
Home Server SMART 2015 will work with most small servers as well as desktops and laptops running the above operating systems. If you are using an enterprise-class server machine or a high-end gaming desktop, there's a good chance that server or desktop will have disks attached to hardware RAID, SAS disks, or both hardware RAID and SAS. Home Server SMART 2015, unfortunately, does not support hardware RAID, and SAS support is very limited.